Paxton Company is a wholesale only distributor of marine supplies and industrial equipment. We do not sell to the consumer, either directly or through affiliates. Possession of this catalog is not an offer to sell. Potential customers must meet standard criteria to be eligible to establish an account.
Items that are not stocked by Paxton can be special ordered. Special ordered materials that are direct shipped from the vendor may include a handling fee, drop ship fees and/or minimum order fees. Special ordered material once shipped from the factory cannot be cancelled. Special orders less than $50 cannot be returned. Please see our Special Order Returns section for more information on special order returns.
CREDIT AND TERMS
If you'd like to apply for an account with Paxton Company, fill out our Credit Information Request Form. You will be contacted by an area sales representative as soon as possible. Please note: we require our accounts to purchase a minimum of $6,000 per year to maintain their account.
Terms and Conditions:
- Credit approved customers must adhere to our standard payment terms as stated on invoice. All invoices are due in full on the 10th day of the month following the date of invoice.
- Accounts 60 days past due will be assessed a Service Charge of 1-1/2% per month which is an annual rate of 18%.
- No shipments will be made to customers who have unpaid invoices over 60 days or more.
- Should an unpaid invoice go beyond 90 days past due, the account will automatically be assigned to a commercial collection agency or legal counsel for action.
- All Credit Card orders must have a $25.00 minimum. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Being a registered user with the Paxton Company will give you access to many great tools such as a Catalog, specials, Order Template, Order Status, Sales Analysis, Order History, Account Status and even the ability to View Invoices.
DELIVERY HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Closed Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday & Friday), and Christmas to New Year's Day. Our website is updated for holiday and unplanned, weather related closures. Please refer to your current catalog for Holiday Closing Dates.
ORDER CUT-OFF TIMES
5:00 if delivery made by a Paxton truck, 3:00 if Motor Freight and 4:00 if UPS. AWLMIX paint orders must be in by 2:00 for next day delivery. HOURS OF OPERATION - Monday through Friday - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
SAFETY DATA SHEETS
Paxton Company's inventory includes numerous hazardous materials ranging from paints and thinners to spray cleaners and adhesives. It is required by law to have a Safety Data Sheet on hand for each of these items and to provide them with the sale of this merchandise upon request. Safety Data Sheets are located at Paxton facilities and are available for review upon request. Our Customer Service is responsible for maintaining updated SDS forms.
Requests for Safety Data Sheets are filled as quickly as possible. You may request SDS by:
- For immediate access to our Safety Data Sheet library, PDF versions are available via our e-catalog. Enter the item number/name in the search field and then click on the item detail page.
Note: PDF file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Download our SDS Request form and fax it to 1-800-853-7709.
- Other sources of Safety Data Sheet are crandallusa.com or see our SDS Vendors List.
- No merchandise may be returned to the Company without prior written authorization by a sales representative.
- No return can be processed without identifying invoice number and/or sales order number.
- Material cut-to-length or cut-to-order cannot be cancelled and are not returnable.
- Products may be returned within 30 days of purchase as long as products are new and in restockable condition without price marking and in original packaging. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee and a $4 handling charge. UPS customers are responsible for return freight.
- Merchandise returned after 30 days will be subject to a $10.00 or a 30% restocking fee, whichever is higher.
- All shipping errors must be reported within 48 hours of delivery.
- This policy is subject to change.
- Log in to initiate your return.
SPECIAL ORDER RETURNS:
Special ordered materials that are direct shipped from the vendor may include a handling fee, drop ship fees and/or minimum order fees.
Special ordered material once shipped from the factory cannot be cancelled. Special orders less than $50 cannot be returned.
Special ordered material is subject to Paxton's $10.00 or 30% (whichever is higher) restocking fee and the manufacturer's restocking charges plus freight.
Paxton Company does not manufacture products of any nature and therefore cannot assume any responsibility for workmanship, quality, serviceability, or applications.
The Warranty published or supplied by each individual manufacturer is the only Warranty applicable.
Manufacturer's policy direct that all Warranty claims be processed by the "end-use" customer corresponding or shipping defective merchandise back to the factory for replacement. Returning merchandise to a dealer or distributor only delays Warranty satisfaction.
Paxton Company is not authorized to replace or repair any defective merchandise from its inventory as a Warranty service.
Log in to your Paxton On-Line Account to initiate a return, go to the Account tab, click “Review Orders – Return Items” and find the previously purchased item and click RETURN.
FREIGHT CLAIM POLICY:
Paxton Company is happy to offer freight services to our customers by using our carrier selections and adding the freight to your order totals. Please be advise, that all accessorial charges like, but not limited to, lift gate use at delivery site, detention charges, limited access fees and delivery appointment fees that are not included in original charge will be billed back. Paxton audits our freight accounts at the end of every month and reviews all weight discrepancies. Any amount over $25 can be debited or credited back to the customer. Paxton Company is passing along their freight discounts to our customer, and freight is not marked up for profit. Our customers are always welcome to use their own carriers.
Paxton Company strives to deliver quality merchandise to its customers in an efficient manner. We sometimes look to third party freight providers for delivery which allows us to quickly move orders to customers in a seamless manner.
Sometimes, however, damage and/or loss of items occur in transit. It is important to conduct proper inspection of your shipment before signing the bill of lading as these items become your property upon acceptance of the shipment.
Should you discover damage to your shipment after taking possession of the order you must file a claim directly with the carrier. Should a claim be refused, or a partial amount paid by the carrier, Paxton Company will be glad to be of assistance.
Use the following guidelines to avoid freight disputes:
- Inspect your order before signing the bill of lading/packing slip
- Make note of any damage to packing materials on the bill of lading/packing slip
- Keep a copy of the bill of lading noting the damage and the driver's signature
- If concealed damage is found, file your claim with the carrier immediately. An inspection may be requested. The sooner concealed damage is discovered and reported, the better.
PITT OHIO 888-279-2382
CONWAY 757-465-2460 SOUTHEASTERN 757-465-8569
PAXTON COMPANY 2-2008
We are accepting resumes for Buyer and North Carolina Driver positions. Please email Bill Jennette email@example.com
In 1927, William McCormick Paxton, a World War I Army veteran, purchased the inventory of E.V. White Company for $9,000 and commenced operations under the name Crichton-Paxton. The business was located on Commercial Place in downtown Norfolk with three employees. Two year later, the business, now renamed Paxton Company, moved to the corner of Water Street and Commercial Place.
Bill Paxton, with the assistance of many employees, grew Paxton Company until his retirement in 1954. During this time, Paxton Company became a large marine supply house for the Hampton Roads area.
In 1952, Guy R. Beale, Jr., a World War II Navy veteran, joined his father-in-law Bill Paxton in the management of Paxton Company. In the years from 1952-2010, Guy Beale grew Paxton Company from a marine supply house to a mid-Atlantic marine and industrial sales and service business. Paxton Company continued to grow and expand with subsequent locations at 407 Union Street and 1019 East Main Street. In 1968, Paxton Company moved to its present location in Norfolk’s Industrial Park. Paxton Company opened a branch operation in Wilmington, North Carolina in 1977.
Peggy Beale joined Paxton Company after graduating from Meredith College in May 1977. Peggy served as CFO of Paxton Company. She managed the financial, employee benefits and the IT departments. Until her passing in 2019, Peggy inspired us to work as a team, to always communicate both internally and externally and to utilize the latest technologies to improve the services we provide to our customers.
Jim Beale joined Paxton Company in 1984. He manages sales, inventory control and material management. Jim serves as the President of Paxton Company.
In 2015, Nelson Beale joined Paxton Company. He represents the fourth generation of leadership. Nelson serves as the Vice President of Paxton Company. He manages the Warehouse, IT, Customer Service and Accounts Receivable departments.
Paxton Company would not be successful without the backbone of our business, our loyal staff. Their attention to detail and emphasis on customer service is our best asset.